February 03, 2022
Grand Pacific Health (GPH) values people who have a lived experience of mental health or who have cared for someone with a mental health concern. One important way of ensuring that we are maintaining a strong consumer voice and high-quality service is by subcontracting consumers and carers to our Consumer & Carer Advisory Panel.
The members provide advice, guidance and feedback to GPH regarding their mental health programs. For a full list of the programs, please visit https://www.gph.org.au/our-health-services/.
Who is eligible?
▪ Individuals who have experienced, or have cared for someone who has, mental health concerns. Please note that you do not need to be formally recognised as a carer (i.e. as a guardian or in receipt of a government benefit)
▪ Individuals who live within the South East NSW or Wagga Wagga area
▪ Individuals who are able to commit to membership for at least two years
▪ It is preferable, but not mandatory, that you have, or someone you have cared for has, had experience in accessing mental health services in the past.
What are the commitments?
1. Attend meetings four times a year with other members, either at a GPH site or via videoconference
2. Prepare for meetings by reading papers beforehand and occasional follow up before the next meeting
Is there any payment?
You will be paid for 3 hours per meeting plus around 1 hour paid for preparation and follow up, at a rate of $35 per hour. We will also reimburse travel expenses at the ATO rate of 72c per km ATO km rate.
How do I apply?
If you are interested, please email Alison Voget at firstname.lastname@example.org briefly describing:
▪ Why you are interested in becoming a member of our Carer and Consumer Advisory Panel.
▪ A couple of sentences about yourself, including which area you live in
▪ Your relevant experience with mental health services
▪ Your ability to give constructive feedback
We strongly encourage LGBTIQ, Indigenous people or those from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply.
This is an exciting way to have very real and direct say about how our mental health services works with one of the region’s largest providers of mental health services.Back to News
Rooftop Level Sapphire Market Place Unit 1, 83 Upper Street, Bega, NSW 2550, Australia
PO Box 513
Bega NSW 2550
Phone - 02 6494 8800
Fax - 02 6494 8855
PO Box 1198 Wollongong NSW 2500
Phone - 1800 228 987